Job Title: Clinical Lead
Responsible to: SEFF’s Director of Services and Management Board
Location: SEFF has four offices across Northern Ireland located in Lisnaskea (main base) Bessbrook, Rathfriland and Newtownstewart and we are open to facilitating a successful applicant based upon where they are living/based.
Hours: Full-time 1st September 2020 – 31st March 2022 (May be extended subject to further funding being secured)
(We are also open to considering job share for this role)
Salary: Pt 34 NJC Scales – £36,876 plus 6% pension
Closing date: 1pm on Friday 24th July 2020
Main purpose of job: The Clinical Lead will oversee the delivery of therapeutic services within a multidisciplinary approach, to include: counselling, life coaching, health and wellbeing casework and complementary therapies. They will be responsible for the overall management, governance and safe delivery of all clinical services, ensuring professional and ethical excellence across all service platforms.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, lead and manage the development and provision of therapeutic services, ensuring timely, effective and appropriate service provision.
- Line management of Senior Counsellor, Sessional Counsellors, Life Coaches and Health & Wellbeing Caseworkers to include supervision and appraisal reviews with the practitioners and support worker teams.
- To lead, support and work with other members of the team on day to day business to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- To undertake clinical assessments for referrals into statutory services.
- To carry out initial triage assessments of referrals made to the project to assess suitability for counselling and other needs based on clinical risk strategy.
- To maintain confidential, professional and appropriate records of all client contact.
- Monitor and keep under review external clinical supervision provision for both staff and practitioners.
- Undertake regular clinical audit functions to include monitoring of supervision, CPD, insurance and professional accreditation/membership for staff and sessional practitioners.
- Provide robust clinical governance by ensuring compliance with all aspects of GDPR, subject access request and document retention policies.
- Provide clinical support across the therapeutic services team to manage complex cases and risk management.
- Review, implement, monitor and disseminate on an ongoing basis best practice and risk management.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Services and others to support and influence the development of service provision and to contribute to the achievement of organisational corporate objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective links with other community/voluntary/statutory service providers.
- Work in partnership with other members of the team as required to prepare funding bids and contract submissions.
- Ensure organisational policies, procedures and guidelines are adhered to, including taking responsibility for keeping relevant policies and protocols up to date.
- To oversee that all evaluation systems and processes such as CORENet and Measure Your Own Medical Outcome Profile (MYMOP) are completed fully by the practitioner team.
- Keep evaluation processes under review and implement any changes or processes that increase the robustness of measuring the impact of service delivery in consultation with the Director of Service, Office Manager and Projects Coordinator.
- Assist with South East Fermanagh Foundation’s (SEFF’s) BACP organisational service accreditation and subsequent maintenance of same, ensuring that all quality assurance/monitoring procedures are fully completed including the submission of annual monitoring reports.
- To oversee and maintain adequate records of clinical work and provide appropriate statistical returns and to assist with the completion of reports where necessary.
- Review and approve correspondence to third party professionals.
- Prepare monthly reports for SEFF’s Management Board.
- To attend external clinical supervision on a monthly basis.
- To maintain personal membership with BACP (or equivalent).
- To attend regular team meetings and line management.
- To maintain a professional attitude at all times towards clients, staff and all those in contact with South East Fermanagh Foundation (SEFF)
To apply for this post, please download and complete the following documents: