Who we are:
Advocacy for Innocent Victims aims to support innocent victims and survivors of terrorism and ‘other Troubles-related criminal violence’ (in the Northern Ireland context) with any advocacy related issue. We also seek to raise awareness of issues affecting our constituency of victims and survivors regarding their justice, truth and accountability needs. We will work with innocent victims and survivors of terrorism and ‘other Troubles related violence’ to assist them in their journey of personal healing.
Who are the ‘Innocent’?
AfIV believes that the innocent victims and survivors of the ‘Troubles’ are those who through no fault of their own have suffered from a ‘Troubles related incident’ – whether bereaved of a loved one, physically or psychologically injured, those who care for such individuals or those displaced from their home.
- Confidentiality and Empathy.
- Support to engage with the PSNI’s Legacy Unit.
- Support to engage with Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland and Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission.
- Support to engage with the Coroner’s Office.
- Support to engage with other relevant investigative bodies.
- Promotion of victim and survivor issues within the public and media domains.
- Networking groups and individuals who are innocent victims and survivors of terrorism and ‘other Troubles related criminal violence.’
- Sign-posting to other complementary services within and external to SEFF.
If you have any general Advocacy related queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call our direct line (028) 6772 2615
If you have a specific case you would like advice on you can contact the Advocacy Managers by email or by telephone on 078 3448 8635
The AfIV Team:
Advocacy Support Manager: Ken Funston (email@example.com) Mobile: 07834 488635
Advocacy Support Manager: Peter Murtagh (firstname.lastname@example.org) Mobile: 07860 850004
Advocacy Support Worker (Fermanagh Region): Nevin Brown (email@example.com Mobile: 073957 90079
Advocacy Support Worker (Mid-Ulster Region): Ann Travers (firstname.lastname@example.org) Mobile: 078608 50003
Advocacy Support Worker (South-Armagh Region): Alan Lewis (email@example.com) Mobile: 077115 90771
Advocacy Support Worker (South-Armagh Region): Ian Irwin (firstname.lastname@example.org) Mobile: 077115 90772
Advocacy Support Worker (Northern & Eastern Region): Ernie Waterworth (email@example.com) Mobile: 078608 50008
Advocacy Support Worker (Great Britain – London Based): Iona Gallagher (firstname.lastname@example.org) Mobile: 078608 50017
Advocacy Research Officer/Admin: Rachel Glover (email@example.com)
Please download our Advocacy Service Flyer.
For updates on AfIV News please follow us on Facebook.