Who we are:
Advocacy for Innocent Victims aims to support innocent victims and survivors of terrorism and ‘other Troubles-related criminal violence’ (in the Northern Ireland context) with any advocacy related issue. We also seek to raise awareness of issues affecting our constituency of victims and survivors regarding their justice, truth and accountability needs. We will work with innocent victims and survivors of terrorism and ‘other Troubles related violence’ to assist them in their journey of personal healing.
Who are the ‘Innocent’?
AfIV believes that the innocent victims and survivors of the ‘Troubles’ are those who through no fault of their own have suffered from a ‘Troubles related incident’ – whether bereaved of a loved one, physically or psychologically injured, those who care for such individuals or those displaced from their home.
- Confidentiality and Empathy.
- Support to engage with the PSNI’s Legacy Unit.
- Support to engage with Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland and Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission.
- Support to engage with the Coroner’s Office.
- Support to engage with other relevant investigative bodies.
- Promotion of victim and survivor issues within the public and media domains.
- Networking groups and individuals who are innocent victims and survivors of terrorism and ‘other Troubles related criminal violence.’
- Sign-posting to other complementary services within and external to SEFF.
If you have any general Advocacy related queries please email: email@example.com or call our direct line (028) 6772 9076
If you have a specific case you would like advice on you can contact the Advocacy Manager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 078 3448 8635
The AfIV Team:
Advocacy Support Manager: Ken Funston (email@example.com) Mobile: 07834 488635
Advocacy Support Worker (Fermanagh Region): Wendy Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org) Mobile: 07860 850008
Advocacy Support Worker (Mid-Ulster Region): Ann Travers (email@example.com) Mobile: 07860 850003
Advocacy Support Worker (Greater Belfast Region): Peter Murtagh (firstname.lastname@example.org) Mobile: 07860 850004
Advocacy Support Worker (Great Britain – London Based): Yasmin Wright (email@example.com) Mobile: 07860 850017
Please download our Advocacy Service Flyer.
For updates on AfIV News please follow us on Facebook.